The Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation held a meeting at the Plateau State Governor’s Lodge on Wednesday, 18th October 2017 to deliberate on important issues in Nigerian Football and resolved as follows:
1. Executive Committee expressed appreciation to the Federal Government, Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports, the National Assembly, various stakeholders in Nigerian Football and Players and Officials of the Senior National Football Team, Super Eagles, for Nigeria’s qualification for the Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup finals. Committee pledged to do all that is necessary to ensure adequate preparation of the Super Eagles to set a new record of performance for an African country at the FIFA World Cup come Russia 2018, to the glory of Nigerian and African Football.
2. The Board resolved to ensure that negotiations with the players with regards to World Cup bonuses are firmly concluded and agreement signed before the end of this year, for the sake of stable preparations and credible participation at the World Cup finals without any distractions.
3. Committee made a resolution that adequate and intensive preparation of the Super Eagles for the Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup, including the arrangement of quality friendly matches for the team, is non –negotiable. To this end, a comprehensive plan of action would be released after the World Cup Draw in Moscow on 1st December 2017, which would encompass training camps, friendly matches, marketing and funds drive to ensure a great outing at the World Cup finals.
4. The Committee reiterated that henceforth, only the Super Eagles and the Super Falcons will be entitled to bonus payments per match. Players, Coaches and backroom staff of other teams will earn daily allowances, approved bonuses at the end of successful qualifying campaigns and approved allowances (including daily allowances) at championships.
5. Board approved the Consolidated and Revised Balance Sheet and Profit-and-Loss Statement of the Federation for the Year 2016 as submitted by the auditors (PricewaterhouseCoopers) and also approved the 2018 Budget of the Federation.
6. Executive Committee endorsed the results of the Staff Promotion exercise for the year 2017. All twenty –eight (28) Members of Staff who took the examinations passed, and thus promoted to the next grade level.
7. The Board approved the recommendation of the Technical and Development Committee for the appointment of Mr. Randy Waldrum as Technical Adviser of the Super Falcons, and directed the Secretariat to immediately conclude negotiations with Mr. Waldrum.