COMMUNIQUE OF THE AD HOC COMMITTEE ON NATIONAL LEAGUE HELD AT SOMERSET CONTINENTAL HOTEL, MAITAMA ON THE 17TH AUGUST 2016.
The Ad Hoc Committee resolved as follows:
- The Ad Hoc Committee expressed appreciation to the NFF and the LMC for their support to the League in the ongoing 2015/2016 abridged League, and pledged loyalty to the Leadership of the NFF.
- The Committee also appreciated the contribution received from the League Management Company (LMC) towards the payment of indemnities of match officials while looking forward to a better working relationship to complete the 2nd half of the league season.
- The Committee frowned at the spate of violence at match venues, and noted that no football match is worth the blood/life of any Nigerian.
- That the league will be placed on hold for two weeks so as to allow the Disciplinary Committee and the Appeals Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation dispense the various cases before them.
- The League will resume on the 3rd of September, 2016 after the determination of all cases before the NFF judicial bodies.
- That no club indebted to the league including fines will be allowed to play their three remaining matches.
- That all clubs must henceforth satisfy security requirements in line with the provisions of the rules and regulations guiding the league (Article 3.4 (1-4)). No match should commence until this condition is satisfied.
- All Clubs shall write a commitment of non violence letter of guarantee at all match venues, which must get to the NNL secretariat within 7 days on receipt of this notice.
- That the remaining matches of the league shall be handled by Premier League Referees and Match Commissioners. Secret match assessors shall also be dispatched to match venues to monitor the conduct of both clubs and match officials.
Communique Drafting Committee