The Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation had an emergency meeting (e-meeting) on Saturday, 26th January 2019 to deliberate on important issues in Nigerian Football and resolved as follows:
1. That given the various complaints that have been received and ventilated in several fora regarding the ongoing electoral processes geared towards the conduct of elections into some Football Associations of the 36 States and the FCT, and against the backdrop of the nationwide elections taking place between February and March 2019, the Executive Committee resolved that the current electoral processes in the Local Councils and States be suspended immediately.
2. Executive Committee has thus charged the NFF Football Reform Committee, which composition was approved by the NFF Congress at its Annual General Assembly in Asaba, Delta on 24th October 2018, to see the pattern, composition and electoral processes as one of its major assignments in the work of recommending a comprehensive reform of Nigerian Football.
3. That in view of the inability of the NFF Football Reform Committe to fully commence its work since its inauguration in December 2018, Executive Committee took a decision to extend the tenure of the committee by six (6) weeks, till 17th April 2019.
4. The NFF will await the outcome of the assignment given to the NFF Football Reform Committee, through the submission of the committee’s report, before any further directives would be communicated on the elections into the Football Associations in the 36 States and the FCT.
5. Each Football Association in the 36 States and the FCT is hereby directed to immediately convene an Extra-Ordinary Congress (before the expiration of its tenure) to pick a new date between 26th May and 30th June 2019 as the terminal date for its board and date for its Elective Congress, to be presided over by the current boards of respective State FAs recognized by the NFF.
6. The NFF will convene an Extra-Ordinary General Assembly on 30th March 2019 to ratify the above resolutions in order for the electoral processes in the Football Associations in the 36 States and the FCT to commence.
IN ATTENDANCE: Amaju Melvin Pinnick (President); Seyi Akinwunmi (1st Vice President); Shehu Dikko (2nd Vice President); Ibrahim Musa Gusau (Member); Yusuf Ahmed ‘Fresh’ (Member); Felix Anyansi-Agwu (Member); Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande (Member); Babagana Kalli (Member); Sharif Rabiu Inuwa (Member); Musa Duhu (Member); Ganiyu Majekodunmi (Member); Emmanuel Ibah (Member); Chidi Ofo Okenwa (Member); Aisha Falode (Member); Mohammed Alkali (Member); Mohammed Sanusi (Secretary)