The Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation held a meeting at the NFF Secretariat, Abuja on Wednesday, 20th July 2016 to discuss important issues in Nigeria football and resolved as follows:
1) Following the recommendation of the Technical and Development Sub –Committee, the Board approved the appointment of Mr. Salisu Yusuf as Chief Coach of the Senior Men National Team, Super Eagles and Head of the CHAN team. Mr. Imama Amakapabo will serve as Assistant Coach and Mr. Alloy Agu as Goalkeepers’ Trainer. Also approved was the recommendation for Mr. Bitrus Bewarang to become the new National Technical Director. He replaces the late Coach Shaibu Amodu. Board also approved the recommendation for Mr. Nduka Ugbade to return to the U17 National Team as Assistant Coach.
2) Executive Committee instructed the Technical and Development Sub –Committee to, within the next seven (7) days, recommend a candidate for the post of Technical Adviser of the Super Eagles. It noted that the refusal of Mr. Paul Le Guen, earlier recommended by the Sub –Committee, to accept to be given targets as well as unwillingness to live in Nigeria, made his candidature unacceptable to the Board. Committee also disapproved of Mr. Le Guen’s desire to come to the job with two assistants, which would make Nigerian coaches redundant. The Committee noted that it was the desire to show transparency that made the Technical and Development Sub –Committee to make public its recommendation in the first place.
3) The Committee further resolved that any candidate that would be so recommended by the Technical and Development Sub –Committee must have accepted to be handed targets and must also be willing to live in Nigeria. In addition, such a candidate must agree to undergo other internal evaluation.
4) Executive Committee approved that henceforth, only the Head Coaches of the various National Teams will be on monthly salary, while assistant coaches will receive only bonuses and allowances. The assistant coaches presently in the NFF’s employ have been given till the end of this year to secure substantive employment elsewhere, as the Federation deals squarely with its financial constraints.
5) Committee approved that henceforth, all Sub –Committees shall submit reports of their activities to the NFF Board through the General Secretary.
HON. SULEIMAN YAHAYA-KWANDE
CHAIRMAN, COMMUNIQUE DRAFTING COMMITTEE