1. The Congress of the Nigeria Women Football League took place at the Hotel De Bentley on the 22nd of February, 2017 and the following decisions were reached. 1. The Congress thanked the Honourable Minsiter, Barr. Solomon Dalung for finding time to declare the 2017 NWFL Congress open.
2. The Congress also appreciate the NFF President, 1st and 2nd Vice President for the support given to the NWFL and for personally finding time to grace the ocassion.
3. A two group format abridged league was agreed comprising of 8 teams in each group for the 2016/2017 league season only.
4. 25th of March, 2017 was agreed as the kick-off date for the Premier League while 8th of April, 2017 for the Pro League.
5. A rule harmonizing committee was set up by the Board of the NWFL to harmonize the existing rules with the newly presented rules and regulations. The Committee includes Mrs. Margaret Icheen (Chairman), Ms. Nkechi Obi, Alh. Mustapha Tahir, Mr. Emmanuel Zira and Ayo Abdulrahaman (COO).
6. The Congress passed a vote of confidence on the Board of the NWFL and pledged their loyalty to the Aisha Falode led Board. 7. The draws for the 2016/2017 league season was successfully conducted and the Star Match for the opening of the season is between Bayelsa Queens FC and Ibom Angels FC.