1) General Assembly expressed very deep appreciation to the President and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR in person and the Federal Government as a whole for the continued tremendous support for the activities, events and programs of the Nigeria Football Federation
2) The Congress praised the partners and sponsors of the Nigeria Football Federation for their support and encouragement to the game, while calling on other corporate bodies and organizations to partner with Nigerian Football in order to fast-track the attainment of financial autonomy for the Federation and guarantee rapid development of the Nigerian game.
3) In consideration of the crisis that briefly blighted the smooth organization of football in Nigeria, which has inevitably prolonged the League Season, Congress mandated the NFF Executive Committee to approve the eventual final tables of the various Leagues, including the promotion and relegation of teams.
4) General Assembly approved the Consolidated and Revised Balance Sheet and Profit-and-Loss Statement of the NFF as presented by its External Auditors, Pricewaterhouse Coopers.
5) The Congress approved the Financial Statements and the 2019 Budget of the Nigeria Football Federation.
6) Congress endorsed a proposal by the NFF Executive Committee for the renewal of the consultancy of Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC) as Auditors and their appointment as Management Consultants, and Financial Derivatives Company (FDC) as Financial Advisers/Funds Managers respectively for the next four years.
7) General Assembly endorsed a proposal by the NFF Executive Committee to set up a Reforms Committee to review the administration of the NFF and the entire structure of governance of football in Nigeria with a view to recommending to the Executive Committee of the NFF, the most efficient and generally acceptable way to:
a) Provide the most stable and sustainable foundations for football in Nigeria.
b) Ensure a commitment to the principles of good governance, inclusion and transparency in all areas of its operations which also requires its member associations, officials and employees to meet the high standards set in this regard.
c) Adapt to the latest development in the world of football to ensure that its operations and values adhere to the best governance standards possible.
d) Progressively adopt a wide range of reforms that reflect the views of the Nigerian and International Football Community in order to meet the evolving needs of the modern game.
e) Ensure that the principles enunciated by the Committee and its recommendations which are accepted by the Executive Committee are incorporated into an amended version of the NFF Statutes and pave the way for further significant and much-needed changes of the NFF governance structure, electoral procedures and dispute resolution mechanism.
8) The Congress expressed sincere appreciation to the Executive Governor of Delta State, Sen.(Dr.) Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa and his administration for hosting the NFF’s 74th Annual General Assembly, and for his administration’s enormous support and encouragement for football development at the grassroots.
Communiqué Drafting Committee:
Frank Ilaboya (Chairman); Umarr Suleiman Isah (Member); Yahuza Adamu Ningi (Member); Tade Azeez (Member); Abubakar C. Ladan (Member); Ademola Olajire (Secretary)