The Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation met at the Hampton Hotel, Asaba, Delta State on Wednesday, 24th October 2018 to deliberate on important issues in Nigerian Football and resolved as follows:
1. The Executive Committee expressed deep appreciation and heartfelt gratitude to the President and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic, His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR and the Federal Government at large, as well as the Executive Governor of Katsina, Rt. Hon. Aminu Bello Masari, CFR for the success of the NFF 2018 Elective Congress in the city of Katsina on 20th September 2018.
2. Committee welcomed the two new members, Alhaji Ganiyu Majekodunmi and Mr. Emmanuel Ibah, who were elected at the NFF 2018 Elective Congress in Katsina. Ranking members enjoined them to see the Board as a family, for which they should strive to contribute their optimal best in the interest of Nigerian Football at all times, and never to be discouraged or dissuaded by whatever extenuating circumstances that may loom now and again in the course of serving the Nigerian game in their new capacity.
3. The Board appointed a 5-man team to keenly monitor the final stages of work being carried out by the contractors on the NFF headquarters (Sunday Dankaro House) having in mind the new deadline of 2nd January 2019 which the Board has set for the Federation to the new office. The Committee: Barr Seyi Akinwunmi (Chairman), Ibrahim Musa Gusau (Member), Aisha Falode (Member), Mohammed Alkali (Member), Ademola Olajire (Secretary).
4. The Committee mandated the 1st Vice President, who is also the Chairman of the Organizing Committee, to work with the General Secretary to produce a template that will guarantee remarkable improvement in the organization of the AITEO Cup men and women competitions as from the next edition.
5. Executive Committee agreed that an integrated enlightenment campaign to encourage talented teenage girls to commit to playing football would naturally birth a women’s version of the the annual NFF/Zenith Bank Future Eagles Championship, which will not only provide a pool of players for the age –grade women National Teams at first, but also align perfectly with the vision of the present NFF to build a sustainable football culture for Nigeria.
6. The Board commended the Senior Men National Team, Super Eagles, for a brilliant job in beating their Libyan counterparts home and away in 2019 AFCON qualifying matches in October 2018, and charged the team to focus hard and win away to South Africa’s Bafana Bafana in Johannesburg in November 2018 to fully guarantee qualification for the championship.
7. Committee charged the technical crew of the Super Falcons, headed by Thomas Dennerby, to work diligently and assiduously to prepare the team for a successful defence of its continental title at the forthcoming 11th Women Africa Cup of Nations finals in Ghana, and thereby ensure qualification for the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup finals in France.
8. Board noted and thanked the NFF President for the foresight in making a temporary appointment of Media Officer for the Super Falcons, but resolved that a substantive appointment be made in a few days.
9. The Executive Committee praised the Executive Governor of Delta State, Sen. (Dr.) Ifeanyi Okowa, for the efforts his good self and administration committed into ensuring a successful hosting of the 74th Annual General Assembly of the Nigeria Football Federation.
IN ATTENDANCE: Amaju Melvin Pinnick (President); Seyi Akinwunmi (1st Vice President); Ibrahim Musa Gusau (Member); Yusuf Ahmed ‘Fresh’ (Member); Emmanuel Ibah (Member); Sharif Rabiu Inuwa (Member); Ganiyu Majekodunmi (Member); Musa Duhu (Member); Aisha Falode (Member); Mohammed Alkali (Member); Chidi Ofo Okenwa (Member); Mohammed Sanusi (Secretary).
ABSENT WITH APOLOGY: Shehu Dikko (2nd Vice President); Suleiman Yahaya-Kwande (Member); Felix Anyansi-Agwu (Member); Babagana Kalli (Member)