IN THE MATTER BETWEEN BAYELSA QUEENS FC VS. RIVERS ANGELS FC IN THE MATCH PLAYED BETWEEN RIVERS ANGELS FC VS. BAYELSA QUEENS FC.
The Committee decides as follows:
- The Committee found out that the player Alice Ogebe has a subsisting valid contract with the Club, Rivers Angels FC, Port Harcourt dated 9th January, 2017 to 31st December, 2019.
- It was established that Player Alice Ogebe was registered for the Aiteo Cup Competition in the beginning of the 2017/ 2018 season in favour of Rivers Angels FC.
- It was established that she travelled for supposed trials under unclear circumstance in ZFK Crvena Zvezda, Serbia between the period April – July, 2018.
- It was established that there was no ITC request in favour of player Alice Ogebe from the Serbian FA to warrant her to be eligible for any registration by the Club ZFK Crvena Zvezda.
- The Committee also found that despite the fact that there was no documentary evidence of her being registered for the Club ZFK Crvena Zvezda, it was established that she played some official matches for the Club, particularly the Serbian Women FA Cup Final played on the 2nd June, 2018 contrary to Art. 11 of FiFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of players, 2018.
- That Bayelsa Queens FC was unable to establish the case of double registration against player Alice Ogebe as per their protest. There was no other contract between the player and any other club tendered or presented before the Committee.
- There is no evidence before the Committee that shows that River Angels released and/ or transferred the player to ZFK Crvena Zvezda or any Club whatsoever.
- That the player Alice Ogebe was duly registered to participate for the 2017/ 2018 Aiteo Cup Competition in line with Art. 2.3(d) & (e) of the Rules and Regulations of Federation Cup 2018.
- That the player Alice Ogebe is in breach of Art. 11 of FiFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of players, 2018 and hereby banned from participating in the Aiteo Cup Competition for a period of One Season starting from 20th day of October, 2018.
- The protest by Bayelsa Queens FC, hereby fails.
- The Committee wishes to state that the above decisions are without prejudice to the right of appeal.
In attendance: Prof Olufemi Adegbesan (Vice Chairman), Damon N. Dashe, Esq, (Member), Kelvin C. Omuojine, Esq (Member), Adamu Sani Osmond, Esq (Member), Chike Onyeacho, Esq (Member), and Queen Wutdeama Otarakpo, Esq (Secretary).