IN THE MATTER BETWEEN BAYELSA QUEENS FC VS. EDO QUEENS FC REGARDING THE MATCH PLAYED BETWEEN BAYELSA QUEENS FC VS. EDO QUEENS ON THE 17TH FEBRUARY, 2021 AT YENAGOA.
1. The Committee noted that from the evidence before it, there was encroachment on the field of play by the Fans of Bayelsa Queens FC at the 79th minutes, in breach of Art. 16 (1), Nigeria Women Football League (NWFL) Rules, 2020.
2. That although there was encroachment, the match was not discontinued, as play resumed till full time.
3. That the alleged offences of harassment and assault on the match officials and Away Team cannot be established, as they were not contained in the Referee’s and Match Commissioner’s reports.
4. That as a result of the encroachment, Covid-19 protocol was breached in the process.
Based on the findings, the Committee hereby states as follows;
1. That Bayelsa Queens Fc is found guilty of encroachment and is hereby fined the sum of Three Hundred Thousand Naira (N300,000) only.
2. That Bayelsa Queens FC is guilty of breach of Covid- 19 protocols and is hereby fined the sum of Three Hundred Thousand Naira (N300,000) only.
3. That the Nigeria Women Football League is hereby directed to write a circular to all the Clubs under its supervision, stating in clear terms what their position is with regard to Covid – 19 Protocols, whether Fans are to be allowed or not during matches and if they are allowed, the minimum number of persons to be allowed must be clearly stated to forestall breach of Covid 19 Protocols in future.
4. That the above decisions are without prejudice to the right of appeal.
In attendance: Musa Amadu, Esq (Chairman), Prof. Olufemi Adegbesan (Vice Chairman), Adamu Sani Osmond, Esq (Member), Damon N. Dashe, Esq (Member), Chike Onyeacho, Esq (Member), Kevin Omuojine, Esq (Member), Queen W. Otarakpo, Esq (Secretary)