- The Congress heaped plaudits on the President and Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR as a person and the Federal Government as a body, for the adroit management of the global coronavirus pandemic and the heartwarming support, assistance and encouragement that has enabled a conducive environment for the continued development of the Nigeria Football sector in these trying times.
- The Congress observed a one-minute silence in honour of the one-time Chairman of then Nigeria Football Association (now Nigeria Football Federation), Brigadier-General Dominic Obukadata Oneya (rtd) and Chief Abel Ehigie, former Chairman of Edo State Football Association who both died recently. It prayed for the repose of their souls and prayed that God will grant the family, relations, loved ones and the Football Family they have left behind the fortitude to bear the big losses.
- For their faith and support even in the face of the uncertainties and seismic disruptions occasioned by the pandemic, the Congress expressed deep appreciation to all corporate Sponsors, Partners and Supporters of the NFF, the National Teams and the generality of Nigeria Football.
- The Congress approved a proposal by the Executive Committee for the commencement of the process for amendment of the 2010 Statutes of the Nigeria Football Federation.
- Following from the above, the General Assembly approved the composition of a Statutes Amendment Committee thus: Barr. Seyi Akinwunmi (Chairman); Mallam Shehu Dikko (Vice Chairman); Alh. Ibrahim Musa Gusau (Member); Mazi Amanze Uchegbulam (Member); Alh. Ahmed Yusuf Fresh (Member); Ms Aisha Falode (Member); Alh. Babagana Kalli (Member); Mr. Kenneth Nwamuocha (Member) and; Dr. Mohammed Sanusi (Secretary). The Committee was immediately sworn in by the President of NFF and FIFA Council Member, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick.
- The Congress passed a vote of confidence on the leadership of the Nigeria Football Federation, and specially congratulated the President of NFF, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick, on his election into the FIFA Council – the highest decision –making organ in world football.
- For his magnanimity and quite-often demonstrated love and encouragement of the game and the activities of the NFF, the National Teams and Nigeria Football generally, the Congress expressed heartfelt appreciation to His Excellency, Governor Godwin Noghaghase Obaseki and the Edo State Government as a whole.
Communiqué Drafting Committee:
Mohammed Nasir Saidu (Chairman); Bayo Olanlege (Member); Idris Abdullahi Musa (Member); Ademola Olajire (Secretary)